CAILÀ & PARÉS
Quality, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety, Food, Feed, RSPO and CSR Policy
The management of Cailà & Parés believes that this is a key factor for the company’s growth and development, and we have therefore established the following guidelines to achieve our corporate goals:
1. Comply with all legal requirements and regulations that apply to our business.
2. Meet our clients’ requirements by supplying a product that complies with their specifications and providing efficient, flexible service.
3. Strive to constantly improve our processes in order to become increasingly efficient and effective:
- Implement well-planned manufacturing processes to maximise the productivity of our facilities.
- Promote and facilitate open channels of communication to improve departmental efficiency.
- Provide staff training as a key element of growth and development for both the company and its employees.
- Provide the necessary tools and resources for better control of all processes.
- Facilitate maintenance and cleaning tasks in the factory by reducing the amount of waste products generated.
4. Actively promote an attitude of respect and responsibility towards the environment:
- Comply with all current environmental laws and other requirements affecting the environmental aspects of our activity.
- Identify and ensure proper environmental management practices.
- Optimise resources.
- Minimise waste.
- Prevent pollution.
- Train and inform its personnel and that of other stakeholders.
- Provide the right facilities, equipment and tools.
- Regularly analyse data on the environmental management system.
- Work to continually improve the environmental management system.
5. Guarantee occupational health and safety:
- Creation of safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of injuries and deterioration of health
- Elimination of hazards and reduction of occupational risks
- Compliance with current legislation and other requirements related to safety and health
- Consultation and active participation of employees and their representatives
- Identification and prevention of occupational risks
- Adequate facilities, equipment and tools
- Training and information for staff and / or other agents involved
- Coordination with personnel for risk management
- Periodic analysis of data related to the health and safety system
- Continuous improvement of the health and safety system
6. To undertake our business activity based on ethics and justice, within a
framework of environmental, social and economic values:
- Applying the Environmental, Quality, Safety and Sustainability management systems.
- Using product Life Cycle management to continue improving our processes and products.
- Making pollution prevention more cost-effective when developing new technologies and products.
- As a (socially and economically) responsible organisation, we want to be the company of which all its employees are proud and to meet the most critical needs of the community.
- Attracting and retaining a diverse, talented team.
- Permanently encouraging learning and the sharing of knowledge, based on a relationship of trust.
- Supporting the social environments where we are present to help increase their well- being.
- Promoting the success of the Company to satisfy our customers with technologies and products arising from sustainable innovation and providing our shareholders with an attractive return on their investment.
- Acknowledging that the long-term success of the company depends on the adoption and implementation of sustainable development principles: respect for the environment, contribution towards society, and the creation of wealth.
- Guaranteeing traceability, from raw materials with a sustainability certificate to the resulting products (RSPO: Roundtable Sustainable Palm Oil).
- Implementing a food safety system based on the principles of the Codex Alimentarius Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) to guarantee the harmlessness of the food and feed we produce.
- We are aware of the fact that only by remaining a feasible, successful company will we continue to have a positive impact on sustainable development.
7. Guarantee the food safety of the products manufactured and marketed as feed or food:
- Compliance with applicable national and international legislation on food safety
- Compliance with HACCP, GMP + and other standards in which the company is certified
- Adaptation to customer needs and compliance with agreed specifications on food&feed safety
- Establishment and achievement of the objectives of the food&feed safety management system
- Deploy the internal and external communications necessary for the effective implementation of the food&feed safety management system
- Identification, evaluation and control of risks for food&feed safety
- Provide facilities and equipment with adequate hygienic characteristics
- Food&feed safety training and information for staff and / or other agents involved
- Periodic analysis of data related to the food&feed safety management system
- Continuous improvement of the food&feed safety management system
Corporate management has therefore established this policy, and expects every member of the organisation to respect, abide by and promote these principles.